Benvenuti al Conversation Club di MPEC
Quando impariamo una lingua, sviluppiamo veramente una nuova identità. In MPEC sappiamo che nessuno può diventare veramente fluente se non sa esprimere le proprie emozioni nella lingua che sta imparando. La comunicazione diventa naturale solamente quando la parte emotiva della nostra identità si sente a proprio agio. Per questo motivo oggi vi invitiamo a parlare di come vi sentite in diverse situazioni e di usare le frasi idiomatiche legate alle emozioni. Siete pronti?
Prepared for you by: My Personal English Coach
‘Emotional’ Idioms For Your Conversation
- Make one’s blood boil 😡
Definition: To make someone extremely angry
Example: The way he dismissed her fears made my blood boil.
- Frightened to death 💀
Definition: Extremely frightened
Example: I was frightened to death when I heard that noise in the dark.
- Hair-raising 😳
Definition: Extremely frightening but often thrilling
Example: That roller coaster was a hair-raising experience.
- Spill the tea ☕
Definition: To reveal gossip or secrets
Example: Come on, spill the tea! What happened at the haunted house?
- Afraid of one’s own shadow 😨
Definition: To be easily frightened
Example: She’s so jumpy, she’s afraid of her own shadow.
- Jump out of one’s skin 🙀
Definition: To be extremely startled or frightened
Example: I jumped out of my skin when I saw the spider on the wall.
- Scared stiff 😱
Definition: Extremely scared
Example: I was scared stiff during the entire horror movie.
- Skeletons in the closet 👻
Definition: Secrets or hidden aspects that could be embarrassing
Example: Everyone has some skeletons in their closet.
- Witching hour 🌕
Definition: The time of night when supernatural events are thought to occur
Example: Some people avoid going out during the witching hour.
Round 1 – Let’s Warm Up
- How proficient are you in recognising emotions?
- Do you know anyone with exceptionally high /low emotional intelligence?
- Do you think our society values emotional intelligence? How do you know that?
- How does culture and education impact how we express emotions? Can you give some examples comparing people from your country with people from a different part of the world?
Round 3: Ready to Role-play?
Student A and Student B are roommates who have been living together for 6 months.
Student A has been feeling overwhelmed with schoolwork and personal issues and has not been keeping up with their share of household chores.
Student B feels that the imbalance is unfair but doesn’t know how to address it without upsetting Student A.
- To practice emotional intelligence by recognising, understanding, and managing your own and others’ emotions.
- To explore effective ways to communicate emotions.
For Student A:
- You’re feeling stressed and overwhelmed with life right now. You’re aware you haven’t been doing your part around the house.
- You’re apprehensive about talking to Student B because you don’t want to come across as lazy or uncaring.
- Try to communicate your situation without getting defensive, while also listening to Student B’s concerns.
For Student B:
- You’re frustrated with the imbalance of chores but are worried about offending Student A.
- You want to maintain a healthy living environment and don’t want to exacerbate Student A’s stress.
- Try to express your concerns without sounding accusatory, and be open to understanding Student A’s situation.
Remember – there is always more! Here is your Follow Up video:
#FluiditàInglese #ApprendimentoInglese #Coaching . #MPEC #languagelearning #bilingualidentity #Englishcommunication #overcomingbarriers #fluency #confidence #personalcoaching #practice #competitiveness #internationalmarket #positiveaffirmations #bodylanguage #Science #Discoveries #Innovation #Research #Tech #STEM #Explore #Curiosity #Knowledge #Facts #Space #Nature #Education #Scientific #Breakthrough #Learning #Inventions #Physics
#BusinessEnglish #EmotionalIntelligence #IdiomsInEnglish #LanguageLearning #ProfessionalGrowth #MyPersonalEnglishCoach #PowerOfEmotions #FluiditàInglese #ApprendimentoInglese #Coaching #Personalizzazione #MaterialiReali #SyllabusB2 #formazione #formazioneolistica #corsisumisura #studiareconpiacere #engagenotteach #ESLLearning #LanguageSkills #IdiomsAndEmotions #EmotionalIntelligence #EnglishCommunication #LanguageFluency #ESLCommunity #UnlockYourPotential #EmbraceIdioms #CommunicateEffectively #LearnEnglish #ExpressYourEmotions #ESLJourney