All mpec courses are based on Conversation, Communication and Interaction and our main goal is to give our students confidence to approach any topic or idea in English. Below, you can find the questions and vocabulary you need to speak about PROCRASTINATION in English.
Hey there, mpec People! This is your Conversation Club Handout!
PART 1: Warm Up
- Why do people procrastinate?
- Who do you know that always procrastinates?
- When is it good to procrastinate?
- When is it really bad to procrastinate?
Useful Vocabulary: 5 PHRASAL VERBS we want you to use during the Conversation Club Session
PART 2: Big Picture
- What kind of things do you put off doing? (put off= postpone, leave for later)
- How do you feel when other people put off something you want done soon?
- Who is the most patient person you know? (hint: it’s Ed….)
- What’s the difference between patience and procrastination?
- Do you usually procrastinate when you have homework?
PART 3: Let’s Zoom In On the Details!
- Have you ever run out of gas?
- Do you ever forget to pay your bills on time? How do you fee about the late charges* on most bills?
- What can someone do to have late charges forgiven?
- What do people often forget to do on time?
- Have you ever forgotten an important date or event?
- Do you become impatient when you have to wait in a long line?
- Have you ever yelled at someone or been really angry because they didn’t do something?
- Are you always on time to class, late, or early?
*a charge consumers pay when they fail to make a payment on a debt such as a loan or a credit card, or any other type of financial agreement such as an insurance or rental contract by the due date
All mpec students are welcome to join our Conversation Club Zoom Sessions which take place every Tuesday, 6pm to 6.30 pm and Thursday from 1 to 1.30 pm from October to June. If you are not a part of the mpec community yet, please get in touch with us and we will partner with you to create the right course for your needs and goals. Live English Courses via Streaming
Self Study Suggestion:
We recommend that you watch this TED ED! What causes insomnia? by Dan Kwartler