In this week’s club, we are talking about YOU – This is a great moment to get to know the other Conversation Club members, and to practice speaking abour yourself, your hobbies & interests and your favourite things!
All mpec courses are based on Conversation, Communication and Interaction and our main goal is to give our students the confidence to approach any topic or idea in English. In this week’s Club, other than practicing speaking English, our goal is to get to know each other a little bit better! So, let’s get to know you…
You Are What You Eat
- What food do you really dislike?
- What is your favourite smell? Does it change depending on the season?
- What is the most unusual dish you’ve ever had?
- Is there an international cuisine that you cannot stomach?
- Are you the ‘touchy-feely’ type? Do you find it easy to talk about your emotions openly?
- Do you like physical contact, of do you prefer people to keep their distance? Why?
- Does your answer to question number 2 ever change? When/why?
It’s raining cats and dogs!
- Do you have any pets? Have you ever had a pet?
- If you were getting a pet tomorrow, would it be a dog, a cat, or something else?
- Do you like animals in general? What is your favourite animal?
Let Off Steam!
- How do you ‘let off steam’? Release stress and other pent-up energy
- Do you do any physical activities?
- Do you do or have you ever done an ‘extreme sport’ or something ‘wild’?
- How you relax after a difficult day or a difficult week? Do you prefer reading, or watching a film/TV series?
All mpec students are welcome to join our Conversation Club Zoom Sessions which take place every Tuesday, 6pm to 6.30 pm and Thursday from 1 to 1.30 pm from October to June. If you are not a part of the mpec community yet, please get in touch with us and we will partner with you to create the right course for your needs and goals. Live English Courses via Streaming
Self Study Suggestion:
Is there a real you? What a strange question! To find out, watch Julian Baggini’s Ted Talk below.