Ehilà, menti creative! 🌟🧠 Benvenuti al nostro Club delle Conversazioni, dove ci immergeremo nell’arte del brainstorming di gruppo e esploreremo le migliori pratiche per una sessione efficace. Che siate degli esperti nel brainstorming o nuovi al gioco, questo foglio informativo vi fornirà il vocabolario essenziale, i phrasal verbs, gli idioms, gli spunti di conversazione e un divertente gioco di ruolo per potenziare le vostre capacità di brainstorming. Lasciamo fluire le idee! 😎💡
Prepared with love by: My Personal English Coach
Ciaaooo! Solo due parole di aiuto per coloro di voi che stanno iniziando l’esperienza nel nostro Conversation Club e non si sentono molto sicuri
Non preoccupatevi, siamo qui per voi!
Immediatamente sotto troverete il vocabolario che vi può servire per parlare con i vostri Club Partners (altri alunni di MPEC con i quali sarai messo in coppia per le conversazioni guidate)
Se avete voglia e tempo – seguite il consiglio numero 1 dell’immagine a sinistra e fate un review di tutti i ‘language bits’ che pensiamo vi possono essere utili. Siamo i Vostri Coach e vi conosciamo bene! Sappiamo che usare Idioms & Phrasal Verbs può essere una vera sfida, dunque sono spesso proprio questi gli elementi di linguaggio che vi proporremo 🙃
Dopo la preparazione (trovate sia il vocabolario che le domande delle conversazioni che vi proporremo oggi su questa pagina), vi invitiamo a participare nella sessione di Club. Avete ricevuto una mail con il ZOOM link per la sessione:
I martedì ci vediamo dalle 19.00 alle 19.30 e i giovedì, dalle 13.00 alle 13.30. Se non avete ricevuto la mail, scriveteci subito!
Se volete fare più pratica dopo la sessione del Club, potete tornare qui per fare l’attività di Follow Up (in fondo alla pagina). Siete Pronti? Iniziamo!
B1-B2 Brainstorming Vocabulary
- Brainstorming 🧠💡: A group activity where members generate creative ideas and solutions to a problem.
- Facilitator 🗣️👤: The person who guides the brainstorming session and encourages participation.
- Idea Generation 🚀💭: The process of coming up with new concepts, thoughts, or solutions.
- Mind Mapping 🗺️🔗: A visual technique to organise ideas and their relationships on paper or digitally.
- Conceptualise 🤔💡: To form and develop ideas or concepts in the mind.
- Silent Brainstorming 🤐🧠: A technique where participants write down ideas silently before discussion.
- Free-flowing 🌊💬: Ideas that come naturally without restrictions or judgment.
- Build Upon 🧱🏗️: To expand or develop an idea further based on existing concepts.
- Narrow Down 🎯🗑️: To reduce a list of ideas to the most relevant or feasible ones.
- Synergy 🤝🌀: The combined power of teamwork and collaboration to create innovative solutions.
5 Idioms (with definitions and sample sentences)
- Put our heads together 🧠👥: To collaborate and share ideas as a team. Let’s put our heads together and come up with a brilliant plan.
- Blue-sky thinking 🌌☁️: Unconstrained, creative thinking without limitations. During brainstorming, we encourage blue-sky thinking.
- Hit the nail on the head 🔨🎯: To identify the exact solution or idea needed. She hit the nail on the head with her brilliant suggestion.
- The sky’s the limit 🌈🚀: There are no boundaries to what we can achieve. With our creativity, the sky’s the limit!
- Think outside the box 📦🚀: To approach problems or ideas in innovative and unconventional ways. Let’s think outside the box for this marketing campaign.
Brace Yourselves for 10 Phrasal Verbs in Context!
- Bring up 🙋♂️🗣️: To introduce or mention an idea during the session. Please bring up any suggestions you have for our project.
- Come up with 🧠💡: To think of or produce an idea or solution. Let’s work together to come up with innovative strategies.
- Sort out 🗂️✅: To organize or arrange ideas systematically. Let’s sort out the most relevant ideas first.
- Work out 📝🤝: To develop or refine an idea further. We need to work out the details of this concept.
- Run with 🏃♀️💨: To pursue or develop an idea enthusiastically. If everyone agrees, we can run with this idea.
- Follow up 📞🕵️♂️: To continue or take further action on an idea or proposal. After the brainstorming session, we will follow up on the most promising ideas.
- Rule out ❌📝: To eliminate or reject an idea from consideration. Let’s rule out ideas that don’t align with our target audience.
- Think through 🤔🔍: To carefully consider and evaluate an idea’s potential outcomes. Before finalizing the plan, let’s think through the possible challenges.
- Bounce off 🏓💬: To share an idea with someone to get their feedback or opinion. I’d like to bounce off my idea with the team to see what they think.
- Wrap up 🎁📋: To conclude or finish the brainstorming session. As we near the end, let’s wrap up by summarising our top ideas.
Round 1: Communication and Clarity
- How do you prepare yourself for a team brainstorming session to ensure active participation?
- What techniques or tools do you use to organize your ideas during a brainstorming session?
- How do you handle disagreements or conflicting ideas within the team during brainstorming?
- What role do you prefer in a brainstorming session – facilitator, idea generator, or someone who builds upon existing concepts?
- Share a memorable brainstorming experience where the team’s synergy led to a breakthrough idea.
Round 3: The Final One, So We Role Play!
In pairs, take turns participating in a simulated team brainstorming session. Use the vocabulary, phrasal verbs, and idioms from the handout to make the role play engaging and authentic. Be ready for an ideation adventure!
Student A: Facilitator
You are the facilitator of the brainstorming session. Your goal is to guide the discussion and encourage Student B to share their ideas freely. Remember to create a positive and inclusive environment where all ideas are welcome. Start the session by explaining the topic and setting the rules for brainstorming. Keep the conversation flowing and use appropriate prompts and questions to elicit Student B’s creativity. If there are any disagreements or conflicting ideas, handle them diplomatically, fostering a spirit of collaboration.
Student B: Idea Generator
Your role is to actively participate in the brainstorming session, sharing your creative ideas and suggestions with Student A (the facilitator). Embrace the freedom to think outside the box and contribute ideas without fear of judgment. If you need clarification or have questions, feel free to ask the facilitator for more information. Build upon ideas offered by Student A or propose new concepts that align with the topic. Remember to be respectful of others’ contributions and be open to feedback from the facilitator.
Instructions for Facilitator (Student A):
- Introduce the topic of the brainstorming session: “Our goal is to brainstorm innovative marketing ideas for a new product launch.”
- Set the rules for the session: “Let’s encourage blue-sky thinking and gather as many ideas as possible. All suggestions are valuable, and there are no wrong answers.”
- Start the role play by saying: “Welcome, everyone! Today, we’ll be brainstorming creative marketing ideas for our exciting new product launch. Let’s put our heads together and come up with brilliant concepts to make this a success!”
Instructions for Idea Generator (Student B):
- Begin the role play by saying: “Thank you for having me in this brainstorming session. I’m excited to share some ideas!”
- Share your first idea with enthusiasm, e.g., “What if we create an interactive social media campaign that encourages users to share their experiences with the product?”
- Build upon the facilitator’s ideas or come up with new suggestions: “I love the social media campaign idea! We could also host a giveaway to boost engagement and create a buzz around the launch.”
- Feel free to ask questions or seek clarification if needed: “Could you please explain more about the target audience for this product?”
- Embrace the role of an active participant and contribute as many ideas as you can during the session.
After The Club: The Follow Up
#FluiditàInglese #ApprendimentoInglese #Coaching . #MPEC #languagelearning #bilingualidentity #Englishcommunication #overcomingbarriers #fluency #confidence #personalcoaching #practice #competitiveness #internationalmarket #positiveaffirmations #bodylanguage #vocabularydevelopment #culturalawareness #italiancompanies #trainingprogram #flexibility #individualgoals #coachingprinciples #linguisticidentity #communicationgoals #transformativelearning #italianstudents #learningEnglish #motivation #resilience #selftalk #negativethoughts #languagebarriers #communicationbarriers