Useful Vocabulary for talking about Winter.
All mpec courses are based on Conversation, Communication and Interaction and our main goal is to give our students the confidence to approach any topic or idea in English. Below, you can find some questions and vocabulary you need to speak about WINTER in English.
Hey there, mpec People! This is your Conversation Club Handout!
PART 1: Warm Up
- When is the first day of winter in the southern hemisphere?
- During the southern hemisphere’s winter solstice, what is happening in the nothern hemisphere?
- Can you explain what the soltices are from an astronomical point of view?
PART 2: Big Picture
- In general, what comes to mind when you thing about winter?
- Is there anything that you like about winter?
- Is there anything that you don’t like about winter?
- Are you a person that suffers from the cold? How do you manage?
PART 3: Let’s Zoom In On the Details!
- Where would you most / least like to spend winter, and why?
- What is your favourite winter sport, even to watch on TV?
- Is there a typical winter food that you like?
- Are there are special winter traditions where you come from?
All mpec students are welcome to join our Conversation Club Zoom Sessions which take place every Tuesday, 6pm to 6.30 pm and Thursday from 1 to 1.30 pm from October to June. If you are not a part of the mpec community yet, please get in touch with us and we will partner with you to create the right course for your needs and goals. Live English Courses via Streaming
Self Study Suggestion:
Here is a lovely “cold” documentary to watch! CLICK HERE!