Let’s talk about The Sales Are On! in English. We will find useful expressions to talk about ‘shopping & sales’ and get some practice, too!
Useful English Vocabulary for talking about Shopping and Sales, too.
All mpec courses are based on Conversation, Communication and Interaction and our main goal is to give our students the confidence to approach any topic or idea in English. Below, you can find some questions and vocabulary you need to speak about SALES and SHOPPING in English.
Hey there, mpec People! This is your Conversation Club Handout!
PART 1: Warm Up
- Do you enjoy going shopping? Why / why not?
- Do you consider shopping an activity? (As the gerund form suggests)
PART 2: Big Picture
- What is the greatest bargain you’ve ever had?
- What do you normally buy during the sales?
- Is going shopping something that appeals to women more than to men?
- Do you buy in shops or online when the sales are on? Or both? What do you buy in shops and what do you buy online?
PART 3: Let’s Zoom In On the Details!
- Do you think that it is correct that shops have their sales just after Christmas?
- Would you be willing to give Christmas Presents later to be able to take advantage of The Sales?
All mpec students are welcome to join our Conversation Club Zoom Sessions which take place every Tuesday, 6pm to 6.30 pm and Thursday from 1 to 1.30 pm from October to June. If you are not a part of the mpec community yet, please get in touch with us and we will partner with you to create the right course for your needs and goals. Live English Courses via Streaming
Self Study Suggestion:
Is Shopping more than just shopping? Has the internet changed it? Can we change it back? Watch this video to find the answers to these questions! The Joy of Shopping and How to Recapture it Online.