In this week’s club, we are talking aboutThe Joy of Travel’ – Verbs & nouns that are vital to talk about travelling will be introduced to allow you to answer the questions with confidence with the other members of the Conversation Club.
All mpec courses are based on Conversation, Communication and Interaction and our main goal is to give our students the confidence to approach any topic or idea in English. Below, you will find vocabulary, expressions related to The Joy of Travel as well as questions that will oblige you to use the same vocabulary immediately!
Hey there, mpec People! This is your Conversation Club Handout!
PART 1: Warm Up
- Do you like travelling? Why / Why not?
- What are some things you always bring with you on a journey?
- What are the benefits of travelling?
PART 2: Big Picture
- What was the best trip you’ve ever had?
- What was the worst
- What are the typical problems we can find when travelling?
- Do you prefer travelling alone or in groups? Why?
- Do you prefer package deals or D.I.Y. solutions? Why?
PART 3: Let’s Zoom In On the Details!
- What is you favourite means of travel? Train? Car? Plane? Boat? Why?
- Are you an evident tourist or do you try to do what the locals do?
- What is your dream journey?
- Where would you never want to go and why?
All mpec students are welcome to join our Conversation Club Zoom Sessions which take place every Tuesday, 6pm to 6.30 pm and Thursday from 1 to 1.30 pm from October to June. If you are not a part of the mpec community yet, please get in touch with us and we will partner with you to create the right course for your needs and goals. Live English Courses via Streaming
Self Study Suggestion:
Feel free to choose one or all of the videos on travel in this list! Travel Watchlist