Hey there, mpec People! This is your Conversation Club Handout!
PART 1: Warm Up
- What makes it easy to talk to someone?
- What traits do you look for in a conversation partner?
- Tell us about your favorite types of conversations to have.
- What do you talk about most frequently? Why?
PART 2: Strangers
- Have you ever had a great conversation with a complete stranger?
- What made it so great?
- What did you talk about?
- Where were you?
PART 3: Roles and Habits
- What is your role in a conversation?
- Do you dominate?
- Do you follow the lead of others or subordinate?
- What percent of a conversation do you spend talking?
- Have you ever tried to consciously change your conversational style?
- What did you change?
- What are some good habits you have in conversation?
- What are some bad traits you have in conversations?
PART 4: Men & Women…
- Who communicates better: men or women?
- What makes their style better?
- What makes it worse?
- Do you like to flirt?
- How do you flirt?
- What do you say?
- On a scale of 1-10, how do you rate your conversational skill with the opposite sex? Explain.
- How do conversations between men and women differ?
*Traits – characteristics
All mpec students are welcome to join our Conversation Club Zoom Sessions which take place every Tuesday, 6pm to 6.30 pm and Thursday from 1 to 1.30 pm from October to June. If you are not a part of the mpec community yet, please get in touch with us and we will partner with you to create the right course for your needs and goals.
We recommend that you watch this TED ED!