Let’s talk about Technology. This handout introduces some expressions that will help you talk about technology and will give you some practice, too!
All mpec courses are based on Conversation, Communication and Interaction and our main goal is to give our students the confidence to approach any topic or idea in English. Below, you can find some expressions that will help you talk about technology and its impact on our lives.
Hey there, mpec People! This is your Conversation Club Handout!
PART 1: Warm Up
- What in your opinion is the greatest invention of your lifetime? Why?
- What is the best new technology that you know about? How will it change our lives?
- Can you remember any technology that seemed like an important step forward but then disappeared?
PART 2: Big Picture
- Which of the following inventions had the biggest impact on daily life, and why?
- The refrigerator (Fridge)
- The car
- The mobile phone
PART 3: Let’s Zoom In On the Details!
- What new technology do you think will have the bigges impact on our daily lives?
- Is there any new technology that scares you? What & why?
- If you could magically invent a new technology, what would it be and why?
All mpec students are welcome to join our Conversation Club Zoom Sessions which take place every Tuesday, 6pm to 6.30 pm and Thursday from 1 to 1.30 pm from October to June. If you are not a part of the mpec community yet, please get in touch with us and we will partner with you to create the right course for your needs and goals. Live English Courses via Streaming
Self Study Suggestion:
Is Artificial Intelligence (AI) a good thing or a bad thing? Here is one expert’s opinion.