Let’s talk about Sant Claus & Other Stories in English. We will find useful expressions to talk about ‘stories’ and get some practice, too!
Useful English Vocabulary for talking about Santa Claus & other stories, too.
All mpec courses are based on Conversation, Communication and Interaction and our main goal is to give our students the confidence to approach any topic or idea in English. Below, you can find some questions and vocabulary you need to speak about SANTA CLAUS & OTHER STORUES in English.
Hey there, mpec People! This is your Conversation Club Handout!
PART 1: Warm Up
- Did Santa Claus come to you as a child? Or was there a different “character”? What was it like? How did it work?
- What are the typical characters in your culture? Which is your favourite and why?
PART 2: Big Picture
- Why do you think we are so interested in “stories”?
- Do you think it’s a good idea to share these stories with the next generation? Why / why not?
- We have nice stories and scary stories. Can you think of examples of both?
- Which do you prefer and why?
PART 3: Let’s Zoom In On the Details!
- Where do you think these stories come from?
- How do they survive in the modern scientific world?
- Do you think finding out the truth about some stories can hurt children?
All mpec students are welcome to join our Conversation Club Zoom Sessions which take place every Tuesday, 6pm to 6.30 pm and Thursday from 1 to 1.30 pm from October to June. If you are not a part of the mpec community yet, please get in touch with us and we will partner with you to create the right course for your needs and goals. Live English Courses via Streaming
Self Study Suggestion:
Every country has its own ‘stories’. Here’s one from Ireland. “The Giant’s Causeway“.