In this week’s club, we are talking about ‘Preferences’ – making choices between a number of options and expressing how much you like something, or how hard you find it to resist something. We have a number of questions designed to make you used the vocabulary presented here immediately!
All mpec courses are based on Conversation, Communication and Interaction and our main goal is to give our students the confidence to approach any topic or idea in English. Below, you will find vocabulary, expressions related to Preferences as well as questions that will oblige you to use the same vocabulary immediately!
Hey there, mpec People! This is your Conversation Club Handout!
PART 1: Warm Up
- Would you rather be able to read people’s minds in one language, or speak every language in the world?
- Would you rather have no TV or Internet for a week?
PART 2: Big Picture
- Would you prefer to always be angry or sad?
- Would you rather be the most desirable person in the world or the most intelligent person in the world?
- Would you prefer to be stranded on an island alone or with someone who talks incessantly?
- Would you rather have a cook or chauffeur?
PART 3: Let’s Zoom In On the Details!
- In another life, would you prefer to be a man or a woman?
- Would you rather be rich and alone or poor and loved?
All mpec students are welcome to join our Conversation Club Zoom Sessions which take place every Tuesday, 6pm to 6.30 pm and Thursday from 1 to 1.30 pm from October to June. If you are not a part of the mpec community yet, please get in touch with us and we will partner with you to create the right course for your needs and goals. Live English Courses via Streaming
Self Study Suggestion:
How do we make choices? Here is a list of 8 videos to watch that explain how we make choices. You can choose which one you want to watch! 😉