Let’s talk about Phrasal Verbs. This handout introduces a six 3-part phrasal verbs and asks questions to allow you to use them!
Common 3-part Phrasal Verbs.
All mpec courses are based on Conversation, Communication and Interaction and our main goal is to give our students the confidence to approach any topic or idea in English. Below, you can find some questions to help you use these six 3-part phrasal verbs.
Hey there, mpec People! This is your Conversation Club Handout!
PART 1: Warm Up
- Is there something that you always look forward to doing?
- What annoying / fastidious things do you have to put up with in your ‘daily’ life?
PART 2: Big Picture
- Do you remember getting away with something as a child? What?
- Can you remember an occasion when someone or something didn’t live up to your expectations?
PART 3: Let’s Zoom In On the Details!
- Who do you most look up to and why?
- Have you ever looked down on someone or something? Has anyone everlooked down on you? Do you know of a time when someone looked downon someone else?
All mpec students are welcome to join our Conversation Club Zoom Sessions which take place every Tuesday, 6pm to 6.30 pm and Thursday from 1 to 1.30 pm from October to June. If you are not a part of the mpec community yet, please get in touch with us and we will partner with you to create the right course for your needs and goals. Live English Courses via Streaming
Self Study Suggestion:
Phrasal verbs are used in informal English. Here’s an interesting video about slang and new words.