Hey, how nice to see you here! Below, you can find some inspiring conversation questions together with the most important vocabulary you will need to discuss it.
All mpec courses are based on Conversation, Communication and Interaction and our main goal is to give our students the confidence to approach any topic or idea in English. Below, you can find some questions and vocabulary you need to speak in English about Living Arrangements and Dream House
Hey there, mpec People! This is your Conversation Club Handout!
Check the most important vocabulary and how it is used in your favourite TV series:
PART 1: Warm Up
- Do you like spending time at home?
- Where do you live and lived before?Who do you live with?
- When you were a child, did you have to share a bedroom with your siblings?
Key expressions Synonyms of ‘Dislike’
- I hate/loathe it
- I can’t stand it
- I am not a fan of it
- It drives me crazy
- It’s not my cup of tea
- It’s not my thing
Part 2: Ideal Location
- Are you a city mouse or a country mouse?
- What would be your ideal living arrangement?
- house in a city
- What part of your country would you ideally like to live in?
- big city
- small town
- seaside town
- mountains van island
Expressing your opinion with EMPHASIS
- I really think…
- I strongly believe…
- I truly feel… or
- In my honest opinion…
PART 3: Your Spot
- Which room is the most important for you in your home? Why?
- Can you put your finger on what characteristics (furniture, smell, size, colours…) make it so important for you?
- What would you like to add/change/remove/redecorate in that part of the house? Why? When do you think you may do it?
PART 4: Challenge Your Partner
Ask your partner 1 of the questions below:
- Do you keep plants inside your house? Why or why not?
- Do you like having guests / sleepovers in your house?
- Do you like spending time in other peoples’ houses?
- Do you like house parties?
- Do you like keeping animals in you house?
- Is it important to keep your house very clean or do you feel more comfortable with a bit of an ‘organised chaos’?
- If you could change one thing about your current house to make it more comfortable, what would it be?
DID YOU KNOW THAT…
All mpec students are welcome to join our Conversation Club Zoom Sessions which take place every Tuesday, 6pm to 6.30 pm and Thursday from 1 to 1.30 pm from October to June. If you are not a part of the mpec community yet, please get in touch with us and we will partner with you to create the right course for your needs and goals. Live English Courses via Streaming
Self Study Suggestion:
Choose 1 article from the BBC List of contents related to Housing LINK HERE