Useful Vocabulary for talking about Hiking & Trekking.
All mpec courses are based on Conversation, Communication and Interaction and our main goal is to give our students the confidence to approach any topic or idea in English. Below, you can find some questions and vocabulary you need to speak about HIKING & TREKKING in English.
Hey there, mpec People! This is your Conversation Club Handout!
PART 1: Warm Up
- Which is better; Hiking or Trekking? Why?
- What are the postive things about Hiking & Trekking?
- What are the negative things about Hiking & Trekking?
PART 2: Big Picture
- Where do people normally go Hiking & Trekking in Italy?
- What are the typical things you can expect to see (Nature, plants, animals etc.)?
- What is the most dangerous wildlife you can encounter while Hiking or Trekking?
- What is the most beautiful wildlife you can find?
PART 3: Let’s Zoom In On the Details!
- Would you know how to survive a full week in the mountains?
- What would you bring with you if you had to stay in the mountains for a week?
- What aspects of staying the mountains for a week would you find easy?
- What aspects of staying the mountains for a week would you find difficult?
All mpec students are welcome to join our Conversation Club Zoom Sessions which take place every Tuesday, 6pm to 6.30 pm and Thursday from 1 to 1.30 pm from October to June. If you are not a part of the mpec community yet, please get in touch with us and we will partner with you to create the right course for your needs and goals. Live English Courses via Streaming
Self Study Suggestion:
Do you know anything about how light and artifical light affects us? Watch this video to find out!