Useful Vocabulary for talking about Giving Gifts
All mpec courses are based on Conversation, Communication and Interaction and our main goal is to give our students the confidence to approach any topic or idea in English. Below, you can find some questions and vocabulary you need to speak about GIVING GIFTS in English.
Hey there, mpec People! This is your Conversation Club Handout!
PART 1: Warm Up
- What is the best present you have ever given anyone?
- What is the worst present you have ever given anyone?
PART 2: Big Picture
- Do you prefer giving presents, or getting them?
- Explain how you feel in each of the situations.
- Has gift giving become too commerical?
- What can you do to avoid the ‘commercial’ aspect of gift giving?
PART 3: Let’s Zoom In On the Details!
- Why do you think we say ‘The gift of giving‘?
- If you could choose only to give or receive presents for ever, which would you choose, and why?
All mpec students are welcome to join our Conversation Club Zoom Sessions which take place every Tuesday, 6pm to 6.30 pm and Thursday from 1 to 1.30 pm from October to June. If you are not a part of the mpec community yet, please get in touch with us and we will partner with you to create the right course for your needs and goals. Live English Courses via Streaming
Self Study Suggestion:
Watch this short animated video to get that “warm, fuzzy feeling”! CLICK HERE!