All mpec courses are based on Conversation, Communication and Interaction and our main goal is to give our students confidence to approach any topic or idea in English. Below, you can find the questions and vocabulary you need to speak about FEELING UNWELL in English.
Hey there, mpec People! This is your Conversation Club Handout!
PART 1: Warm Up
- When is the last time you felt unwell? Describe what you had.
- Do you or anyone you know suffer from something?
- What are the symptoms?
- How do you deal with it?
Useful Vocabulary: Vocabulary for talking about sicknesses/illnesses
PART 2: Big Picture
- How often do you go to the doctor?
- Are you the type of person who goes to the doctor for every little thing?
- Do you prefer to take medicine to cure yourself or to avoid taking it as long as possible?
PART 3: Let’s Zoom In On the Details!
- How strong is your immune system?
- Do you get a cold and/or the flu every year?
- Are there other illnesses that you get regularly?
- How long does it usually take you to get better?
- Do you think your diet & lifestyle help you or hinder* you?
*To Hinder – to make it difficult
All mpec students are welcome to join our Conversation Club Zoom Sessions which take place every Tuesday, 6pm to 6.30 pm and Thursday from 1 to 1.30 pm from October to June. If you are not a part of the mpec community yet, please get in touch with us and we will partner with you to create the right course for your needs and goals.
Self Study Suggestion:
Here’s a video on foods that boost your immune system. The speaker is Indian, so the accent is challenging!