Useful Vocabulary for talking about Charity
All mpec courses are based on Conversation, Communication and Interaction and our main goal is to give our students the confidence to approach any topic or idea in English. Below, you can find some questions and vocabulary you need to speak about CHARITY in English.
Hey there, mpec People! This is your Conversation Club Handout!
PART 1: Warm Up
- Have you ever seen a homeless person? How did they end up homeless?
- Do you know anyone who doesn’t have a job?
- How do people who lose everything survive?
PART 2: Big Picture
- How important is charity and why do you think so?
- Which forms of charity can you think of, other than donating money?
- Which form of charity do you think is the best? Why?
PART 3: Let’s Zoom In On the Details!
- Charity attracts criminals; do you think this is true?
- Can you think of any examples?
- What about people begging in the streets, do you think they are all homeless or in need?
- How can we avoid donating to criminals / criminal organisations?
All mpec students are welcome to join our Conversation Club Zoom Sessions which take place every Tuesday, 6pm to 6.30 pm and Thursday from 1 to 1.30 pm from October to June. If you are not a part of the mpec community yet, please get in touch with us and we will partner with you to create the right course for your needs and goals. Live English Courses via Streaming