Let’s talk about Making Predictions in English. We will find useful expressions to talk about ‘Carbon Footprint’ and get some practice, too!
Useful English Vocabulary for talking about the environment.
All mpec courses are based on Conversation, Communication and Interaction and our main goal is to give our students the confidence to approach any topic or idea in English. Below, you can find some questions and vocabulary you need to talk about CARBON FOOTPRINTS in English.
Hey there, mpec People! This is your Conversation Club Handout!
PART 1: Warm Up
- What differences are there between how we used to think about rubbish in the past and how we think about it today?
- What is the most important change in your opinion?
PART 2: Big Picture
- Are there “littering” fines in your country?
- Do you know anyone who has been fined for littering?
- Do you think they should be given more regularly?
- What things in your life contribute the most to your carbon footprint?
- What changes can you make to reduce your Carbon footprint?
PART 3: Let’s Zoom In On the Details!
- Is it easy for you to change your rubbish habits?
- What can the government do to help you make changes?
All mpec students are welcome to join our Conversation Club Zoom Sessions which take place every Tuesday, 6pm to 6.30 pm and Thursday from 1 to 1.30 pm from October to June. If you are not a part of the mpec community yet, please get in touch with us and we will partner with you to create the right course for your needs and goals. Live English Courses via Streaming
Self Study Suggestion:
Here’s a video about a serious problem in our oceans caused by rubbish: Video Link