All mpec courses are based on Conversation, Communication and Interaction and our main goal is to give our students confidence to approach any topic or idea in English.
Below, you can find the questions and vocabulary you need to speak about BINGE-WATCHING, BINGE VIEWING or MARATHON VIEWING in English.
Hey, MPEC People, this is your Conversation Club Handout!
Part 1: Warm Up
1. What is one of your favorite TV shows?
2. Why do you like it?
3. Would your parents like it, too? Why? Why not?
Part 2: Dig Deep
1. What show kept you glued to the TV screen?
2. How many episodes of one series did you watch back to back (one after the other)? Which series was it?
3.Have you ever decided not to watch a series because everyone else was watching it? Which series was it?
Part 3: Over to You!
1. Ask your Partner 3 questions about his/her hobbies and preferences in general. For instance: What sports do they like, what do they do in their free time, what do they do for a living (what is their job). Based on their answer, recommend a series you believe they might like to watch
2. Together with your partner, come up with a TV series recommendation for:
- someone who is going through a break-up
- someone who is between jobs (looking for a new job)
- a lawyer
- a wannabe criminal 🙂
Do you need help with topic-specific vocabulary?
We understand that speaking in English can be stressful. So, if you feel like you may need some vocabulary to help you during the Club Session, please download our Vocabulary Card ahead of connecting in Zoom!
Did You Know…?
All mpec students are welcome to join our Conversation Club Zoom Sessions which take place every Tuesday, 6pm to 6.30 pm and Thursday from 1 to 1.30 pm from October to June. If you are not a part of the mpec community yet, please get in touch with us and we will partner with you to create the right course for your needs and goals.
We recommend that you watch this short video as self study after the Conversation Club Session you’ve just attended