Useful Vocabulary for talking about Alcohol.
All mpec courses are based on Conversation, Communication and Interaction and our main goal is to give our students the confidence to approach any topic or idea in English. Below, you can find some questions and vocabulary you need to speak about ALCOHOL in English.
Hey there, mpec People! This is your Conversation Club Handout!
PART 1: Warm Up
- Do you drink alcoholic beverages, or are you a teetotaller? Tell us more…
- What is your favourite drink?
- What drink do you really not like?
PART 2: Big Picture
- Have you ever been drunk or very drunk? What happened?
- Have you ever had a bad hangover? What did you drink?
- What do you think of people who drink like a fish?
PART 3: Let’s Zoom In On the Details!
- Do you prefer wine, beer or spirits, or something else?
- If you drink alcohol, how do you choose what to drink? What factors influence your choice?
- Is there a type of alcoholic beverage that you always avoid? Why?
- There are studies that say alcohol can be good for you and bad for you. What do you think?
All mpec students are welcome to join our Conversation Club Zoom Sessions which take place every Tuesday, 6pm to 6.30 pm and Thursday from 1 to 1.30 pm from October to June. If you are not a part of the mpec community yet, please get in touch with us and we will partner with you to create the right course for your needs and goals. Live English Courses via Streaming
Self Study Suggestion:
Here’s a short video on the history of Whiskey, now widely agreed to have originated in Ireland!