Benvenuti al Conversation Club di MPEC
Le Feste Natalizie possono essere un ottimo momento per parlare utilizzando il passato, o le (TEMUTE! ) forme come: Used to e anche ‘would’. Noi, in MPEC sappiamo che il modo migliore per imparare delle regole grammaticali non attraverso dello studio, ma in un contesto pratico e reale. Per questo motivo, le domande natalizie che vi proponiamo per la sessione di conversazione di oggi, sono accompagnate da un pizzico di ‘English Grammar in Use’ . Siete pronti?
Prepared for you by: My Personal English Coach
Idioms To Talk About The Past
- Down Memory Lane 🛣️
- Definition: Recalling or revisiting past events or experiences.
- Example in italics: Let’s take a walk down memory lane and talk about our favourite childhood Christmas traditions.
- Once in a Blue Moon 🌕
- Definition: Something that occurs very rarely.
- Example in italics: I used to see snow on Christmas once in a blue moon when I was a kid.
- The Good Old Days 📅
- Definition: A nostalgic reference to a time considered better or simpler in the past.
- Example in italics: Ah, the good old days when Christmas meant two weeks off school and endless sweets.
- Blast from the Past ⏳
- Definition: Something that suddenly and strongly makes you remember a previous time in your life.
- Example in italics: Hearing that Christmas song is a real blast from the past.
- Turn Back the Clock ⏰
- Definition: To return to a time in the past when things were better or simpler.
- Example in italics: I wish I could turn back the clock to when the whole family gathered for Christmas
Round 1 – Let’s Warm Up
- What’s your earliest memory of Christmas, and what makes it so special?
- Can you share a funny or heartwarming Christmas story from your childhood?
- Do you have a favourite traditional Christmas dish that you look forward to each year?
- How do you usually celebrate Christmas? Is it a big family affair or a low-key event?
How to answer using Past Tense
- My earliest memory of Christmas was when…
- Last year, we celebrated Christmas by…
- I tried a unique Christmas dish last year called…
- My family arranged a surprise Christmas party for me in…
- The most memorable gift I received was…
Last but not least… Round 3!
- What are some Christmas traditions from around the world that you find fascinating or would like to incorporate into your own celebrations?
- How do you handle gift-giving during the Christmas season? Any tips for picking the perfect gift?
- What does the holiday season mean to you, beyond the festivities and gifts?
How to answer with ‘would’?
- Every Christmas morning, we would open presents together as a family.
- My mother would always make her special Christmas pudding.
- We would attend midnight mass every Christmas Eve.
- My grandparents would tell us stories of how they celebrated Christmas in their youth.
- I would spend hours decorating the Christmas tree with my siblings.
Remember – there is always more! Here is your Follow Up video:
#FluiditàInglese #ApprendimentoInglese #Coaching . #MPEC #languagelearning #bilingualidentity #Englishcommunication #overcomingbarriers #fluency #confidence #personalcoaching #practice #competitiveness #internationalmarket
#MPEC #DownMemoryLane #OnceInABlueMoon #TheGoodOldDays #BlastFromThePast #TurnBackTheClock #EnglishLearning #ChristmasMemories #ChildhoodNostalgia #SpeakingInEnglish #ConversationClub #LearnEnglishWithMPEC